Task shortcuts are a quick way to add a lot of information to a task while you are typing out the title.
You can use the shortcuts anytime while writing your task and as soon as you type a symbol (e.g. @) or keyword (e.g. due) that matches a shortcut a helpful menu appears with a selection of options.
You can select an option with your mouse or by pressing the arrows on your keyboard to select one (enter/return to select).
Marvin support the following shortcuts:
- Add task to the top of the list: shift + enter
- Send task to inbox from the "My day" input bar: type "#inbox"
- Assign task to a category or project: type "#Work" (category), "#Midterm Paper" (project)
- Add a due date: type "due next month", "due next week", "due 2017-08-19", "due 5d"
- Schedule task for a specific day: type "+tomorrow", "+2017-08-19"
- Add a time by including it in the title anywhere: "8am Yoga class"
- Add a label: type "@easy"
- Add time estimate: type "~30m" or "ca. 1h"
- Add task to a specific section: type "!morning"
- Add priority level to task: type "*Red Star"
- Plan task for week or month: type "&Next Week"
- Load a saved task or project: type "load" and press spacebar
- Add a start date: type "starts next month" or use "|", "starts next week", "starts 2017-08-19", "|5d"
- Add an end date: type "ends next month" or use "=", "ends next week", "ends 2017-08-19", "=5d"
Why are some shortcuts not working?
The strategy that enables the shortcut is likely turned off.
Go to the strategies and turn on the strategy you want to use.