Task shortcuts are a quick way to add a lot of information to a task while you are typing out the title.
You can use the shortcuts anytime while writing your task and as soon as you type a symbol (e.g. @) or keyword (e.g. due) that matches a shortcut a helpful menu appears with a selection of options.
You can select an option with your mouse or by pressing the arrows on your keyboard to select one (enter/return to select).
Marvin support the following shortcuts:
- Add task to the top of the list: shift + enter
- Send task to inbox from the "My day" input bar: type "#inbox"
- Assign task to a category or project: type "#Work" (category), "#Midterm Paper" (project)
- Add a due date: type "due next month", "due next week", "due 2017-08-19", "due 5d"
- Schedule task for a specific day: type "+tomorrow", "+2017-08-19"
- Add a time by including it in the title anywhere: "8am Yoga class"
- Add a label: type "@easy"
- Add time estimate: type "~30m" or "ca. 1h"
- Add task to a specific section: type "!morning"
- Add priority, frog or reward to a task: type " * " and complete
- Add priority: type " *p1 " or " *p2 " or " *p3" or " *p0 "
- Make task a reward: type " *Reward "
- Add a note to a task: "--" and type note without a space between
- Plan task for week or month: type "&Next Week"
- Load a saved task or project: type "load" and press spacebar
- Add a start date: type "starts next month" or use "|", "starts next week", "starts 2017-08-19", "|5d"
- Add an end date: type "ends next month" or use "=", "ends next week", "ends 2017-08-19", "=5d"
- Add a review date: type "review" and space and type date
Why are some shortcuts not working?
The strategy that enables the shortcut is likely turned off.
Go to the strategies and turn on the strategy you want to use.